1. This spring, Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall owner Michael Lennox introduces two new dining concepts in the former H. Harper Station space in Reynoldstown. Golden Eagle, a “workingman’s tavern,” will serve dinner nightly with an extensive cocktail menu, while Muchacho will bring a more casual vibe with tacos and lighter fare for breakfast and lunch.
2. The rolled ice cream craze is coming to Buckhead this spring with the opening of Philadelphia-based concept Sweet Charlie’s. Setting up shop next to Superica, expect a handmade spectacle of premium ice cream; nonfat yogurt; and even vegan offerings paired with glazed doughnuts, fresh fruit and decadent toppings. @sweetcharliesatl
3. Atlanta chef/restaurateur Marc Taft is delivering down-South goodness with the formation of Southern Fried Hospitality. The new restaurant consultancy brings together Taft’s Marietta mainstay, Chicken and the Egg; just-bowed Avalon concept Brine Seafood Shack; The Battery Atlanta’s FEED–Fried Chicken & Such; and HALCYON Development’s CO-OP Community Table + Bar under one Southern cuisine-fueled umbrella. @cheftaft
4. Unexpected Asian cuisine and hops combine at fusion restaurant/brewery Hopstix. The Chamblee brewpub provides balanced offerings of light-bodied beers that not only pair well with raw bar selects of bluefin tuna and yellowtail, but menu standouts like the sushi corn dog and 16-ounce bone-in rib-eye with shiitake mushroom wasabi butter as well. @hopstix_brewpub
5. Ever taken Fido out for some fresh air and wished there was a place to enjoy a drink while he plays? You’re in luck. Opening this fall, Fetch Park & Ice House come to life in Old Fourth Ward as a shipping container and Airstream are converted into full-service bars with TVs, beers and cocktails, Wi-Fi, and dog-washing stations at the accompanying membership-only dog park. @fetchpark